1. Find out what attention your research papers are receiving
2. Get notified when your research papers are mentioned
3. Make sure your research is tracked
4. Demonstrate the attention and impact of your research
5. Find research in your discipline that is trending
► They are quicker to gather than citation-based metrics.
► They can capture more varied impacts than citation-based metrics.
► They apply to more than journal articles and books.
► Altmetrics don’t tell the complete story.
► Like any metric, there’s a possibility for gaming of altmetrics.
► Altmetrics are moderately new, more research into their use is required.
The colours of the Altmetric donut each denote a different source of attention. The amount of each colour in the donut will change depending on which sources a research output has gotten attention from.
This score is an automatically calculated, weighted sum of all of the attention a research output has received.
It is based on 3 main factors: